Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tasty Thursdays: Sweet & Sour Chicken

This is a recipe my mom used to make and is definitely my favorite! I love how simple it is and that you can play with the recipe a bit.
Sweet & Sour Chicken
  • chicken, cut into pieces (I use about 3 boneless-skinless breasts)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup corn starch
  • 1/4 cup milk (to thicken)
  • oil
Sweet & Sour Sauce
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce (I was out so I used teriyaki sauce)
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
  • 8 oz can pineapple chunks, drained (I know most of us have 20 oz cans so add however many you want.)
Mix the eggs, cornstarch, and milk in a shallow dish; add chicken and coat. Place in pan with hot oil; fry till golden.
Place cooked chicken in a 13-in. by 9-in. pan.
In another pan mix all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce.
Stir until mixed together. Cook till simmering.

Pour over batter and fried chicken. Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.

You can add green peppers, onions or anything you want to the sauce. You can also serve over lo mein noodles or rice. Or if you are like us we just like to gobble it down as is! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment