Why can't I sleep? Good question. Some times I feel like God forgot to give my brain an off switch. My mind goes over anything and everything (this is one time being self-aware does NOT pay off). I think all I need to do, want to, have done, hope to do, am afraid to do, wish I could do... Well you get the picture. So why am I blogging all this? What can you take away from all this? Well hopefully you can think "I am so glad I am not her and sleep like a log!" Or maybe you can say "Hey I am not alone! Here is someone else who is secretly a superhero with amazing amounts of energy waiting to be tapped into when the world is in crisis!"
And before I get a million comments (slight exaggeration) on how I can get sleep, here are things I have tried and do use;
- Tylenol PM (I hate taking it though due to the Tylenol but it works!)
- Visualization (Thinking of a relaxing spot and visualizing it)
- Ambien (I didn't do well with it and probably spelled it wrong)
- Trazadone (I REALLY didn't do well with it and had every side affect not considered a allergic reaction)
- Relaxation (Relaxing every part of your body)
- Hot shower
- Hot bath (Along with lavender bath scent)
- No caffeine
- Getting out of bed and doing something else (Doing that right now!!!)
- Making lists of everything in my head
- Visually "wiping out my brain thoughts" (Brain thoughts? Oh boy lack of sleep is becoming apparent)
Bytheway, when does the greeting go from Good Night to Good Morning? It's 2 AM. Just some food for thought.