Monday, November 28, 2011

More To Do With Cardboard: Quick & Simple Garland

I (once again... are we seeing a theme here?) found this beautiful garland on pinterest. However it was just a picture (but oh what a picture I wish it looked like that at my house) and had no instructions on how to make it, but I realized it would be very easy and made up my own! And here is how I did it (can I just say cardboard rocks!?!):
  • Star, Christmas Tree, & Heart Template (I just used ones off of Microsoft Word's clip art)
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Marker
  • Razor Cutting Tool
  • Hole Punch
  • Checkered Ribbon (I used red & white 3/4 inch ribbon)
I started out finding the tree, star, and heart templates and then making them as big as I wanted them to be. After printing them off I cut them out and traced them onto cardboard (I used a leftover corn dog box). After tracing the shapes I used my razor to cut through the cardboard.

Once I cut out as many shapes as I wanted (I ended up with 16), I hole punched where I wanted each shape to have the ribbon go through.

{Ribbon was bought at Joann}
Then threaded the ribbon through each hole spread out as long as you want and hang up! *Hint: If you are looking to a fast way to thread the holes, make a pointed edge with you ribbon similar to this >.*
Inspiration:

My Results:
I loved how it turned out. I just taped it up in my kitchen since certain rooms in my house have horrible lighting (thanks to living in the Northwest and on a military base which equals old housing). Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment